Equal opportunities at MAN
MAN needs competent employees. Women are often under-represented in managerial roles, some leave employment altogether due to family commitments – but they are highly skilled. We want to harness this potential. We know that men and women, with all their inherent differences, deliver the best results together.
The Volkswagen Group is aiming to fill 30% of its management positions at all levels of hierarchy with female employees in the long term, which MAN is also contributing to.
In order to increase the quota of female employees in the technical industry area, we offer schemes such as
- the Technology Camp for Girls,
- cooperation with all-girls schools/internship programs designed specifically for girls,
- and the Girl’s Day.
For female students, MAN offers programs such as the WOMEN’s Career Day, which are aimed at female students and graduates from areas such as electrical engineering, automotive technology, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, and industrial engineering.
In order to remove any obstacles from the development path of women in management positions, we support them in attaining the respective qualifications so that they can work alongside their male colleagues on equal footing. We offer support through:
- mentoring programs at company and corporate level
- training for gender-specific communication
Whether you have a family, study part-time, seek continuous professional development, or want to adjust your daily work routine to your individual needs: we have made it our goal to offer all our employees optimal conditions to combine their obligations at home with those at work. We support families with children with the help of:
- organizing information events for parents to be
- seminars for employees returning from parental leave
- the MAN company kindergarten Löwenkinder
- support in case of emergency via the Care platform (VBM)
- sharing duties to allow for part-time work
- working from home
- opportunities to breastfeed close to the workplace
- support in finding a suitable nursery or kindergarten spot via the Care platform (VBM)