Basic Information on MAN Stock
|Criteria||Common Shares||Preference Shares|
|Security ID number||593700||593703|
|Reuters abbreviation (Xetra)||MANG.DE||MANG_p.DE|
|Bloomberg abbreviation (Xetra)||MAN GY||MAN3 GY|
- Capital stock: 147,040,000 individual, no-par shares, including 140,974,350 common shares (96%) and 6,065,650 preference shares (4%)
- Stockholder Structure: Volkswagen Truck & Bus GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, held 75.56 percent of the voting rights in MAN SE as of December 31, 2015.
- Arithmetic value of each share as a proportion of MAN SE capital stock: €2.56
- Stock documentation in the form of a global certificate; no real, i.e. physical, stock certificates can be issued
- Preference shares: non-voting, but has the advantage over common stock in regard to dividends; proprietary rights are identical
- Trading: both classes of stock are traded on the XETRA and on all seven German stock exchanges
- Index affiliations: CDAX, Dow Jones STOXX®, Dow Jones STOXX® Industrial, Dow Jones EURO STOXX®, Dow Jones EURO STOXX® Industrial
- Change of stock market segment: With effect of January 4, 2016, MAN SE changed from the Prime Standard segment to the General standard segment. As a result the requirements for remaining in the MDAX are no longer met.
Key performance indicators for MAN shares
MAN shares charted a slightly positive development in 2015 as the international stock markets posted significant gains. However, the market environment remained volatile, and China's weakened economy in particular unnerved capital markets.
|Key indicators for MAN common shares||2015||2014|
|Earnings per share 1) in €||1.02||0.88|
|Market capitalization (as of December 31) 2) in € million||13,626||13,546|
|Closing price in €||92.70||92.16|
|High in €||99.02||93.80|
|Low in €||90.20||87.99|
|Number in thousands 3)||140,974||140,974|
|Annual cash compensation payment in €||3.07||3.07|
|Dividend yield 4) in %||3.3||3.3|
|Total return 5) in %||3.9||6.7|
|Dax yield in %||9.6||2.7|
|MDax yield in %||22.7||2.2|
|Euro Stoxx yield in %||10.3||4.1|
- For continued operations.
- Basis: 140,974,350 common shares and 6,065,650 preferred shares.
- Only common shares.
- Annual cash compensation payment of €3.07 based on the closing price on December 31.
- Assumes reinvestment of the annual cash compensation payment on the last trading day of the month in which the Annual General Meeting was held.